Dental Crowns & Bridges
A dental crown is a single tooth replacement prosthesis whereas dental bridge is a set of two or more teeth prosthesis are used for the replacement of missing teeth, a tooth with the root canal treatment, or massively worn teeth in the mouth.
Dental crown and bridges are custom made dental prosthesis. Dental crown is also known as dental cap which is of mainly three types:
All ceramic crowns
All metal crown
Porcelain fused to metal crown
Apart from all the above three options, a highly durable and long lasting option available known as "Zirconia crown". It is a popular type of all-ceramic crown which improves the appearance of a tooth
Advantage Of Zirconia Crown
- Strength: They last longer than other types of crowns.
- Aesthetics: Zirconia crowns are translucent just like natural teeth & blends in well with the other teeth.
- Retain More Of The Existing Tooth: Very minimal preparation is required so the natural tooth can be preserved.
A dental crown may be suitable for you if you have infected or decayed tooth, but is still intact. A bridge might be the resolution for you if you have a missing tooth but for its application, adjacent teeth are used as a support. The adjacent teeth milled to an extent and used as support for the dental bridge.
Post-treatment Care Guidelines
- Clean your crown as you clean your natural teeth
- Along with brushing, flossing also help to remove food particles stuck between the teeth
- It is normal if you experience slight sensitivity to hot or cold food, but not relieve in time, see your dentist as soon as possible
- Routine dental visit for evolution