Exposure of gums while smiling makes a person uncomfortable sometimes. This Gummy smile can have a negative effect on the appearance of your smile, but don't worry; the gummy smile can be corrected through various treatment options at Dr. Nilawar dental clinic, Nagpur.
Why does a Gummy Smile happen?
- The possible causes of a gummy smile, includes:
- An excessive display of gum tissue
- Gum elevations due to abnormal eruption of the teeth.
- Teeth covered by extreme gum tissue appear short.
- Due to hyperactive lip muscle rise up higher than normal.
- Shape and the size of your lips, teeth and facial muscles.
The excellent Smile line appearance should expose the gums in limited and the elevation in harmony with the upper lip.
How Gummy Smile Treated?
Visit your dentist for confirmation and treatment options if you have the gummy smile. The dentist will examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to identify the extent of the gingival display and any problems. Along with the examination, the impression of your teeth and gums will be taken. You may also require X-ray imaging for the examination of the tooth root and jaw bone.
If you experience a severe gummy smile, Dentist may refer you to a specialist, like a periodontist, orthodontist or an oral surgeon. Depending on your condition, treatment for your gummy smile could include the following:
- Laser treatments in one day in minor cases.
- Lip repositioning.
- Braces treatment to move the teeth into more suitable positions.
- Removal of the excessive gingival tissues and bone.
- Maxillofacial surgery to reposition the bone.
As a result, the people with a gummy smile will see more of their teeth when they smile and less of their gums after their treatment.