Preventive dentistry is the modern way which helps you to keep a healthy mouth and maintain oral hygiene which allows less dental treatment. The main reason for the tooth loss is decay and gum disease. Preventive dental care helps to maintain oral hygiene keeping your teeth for life.
What We Do At Dr. Nilawar Dental Clinic?
First of all, the dentist will examine and evaluate your mouth and dental problems and plan your preventive treatment accordingly. Our main aim is to help you get your mouth healthy. To achieve this complete dental cleaning will be done by the dentist to remove all bacterial infections, plaque, and calculus deposited beneath the gums caused due to improper oral hygiene and oral conditions.
What Are The Oral Problems Associated With Inadequate Oral Hygiene?
- Accumulation of dental plaque and calculus on tooth surface
- Bacterial infection which causes dental caries
- Formation of pockets within gums due to infection
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen, tender and itchy gums
- Loss of tooth support such as Gums and bone
- Gum recession
- Loosening of teeth
- Bad breath
- Change in normal bite
- Due to loosening, teeth protrude forward
What Care Do You Need To Take For Prevention?
- Brushing twice a day
- Flossing along with brushing is also necessary for the removal of food deposits between the teeth.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste
- Regular us of mouthwash helps minimize bacterial activity in mouth
- Avoid sugary beverages
- Stop deleterious habits such as smoking, tobacco chewing, and drinking alcohol etc.
- Adult should use toothbrush with soft, small- to medium-sized bristle
- Routine dental checkup
To learn more about preventive care and oral hygiene, book an appointment today at Dr. Nilawar Detal Clinic, Nagpur.